What is Employee empowerment?
Employee empowerment is a management philosophy that emphasizes allowing employees to make their own decisions and act according to them. The employees need to feel accountable for the decisions they make on the daily basis. Companies that are interested in empowering the employees should give employees a voice, provide opportunities to employees to grow through more autonomy, recognize employees frequently, and provide them with the required tools, training, and authority to excel.
Employee empowerment can be attained through four simple steps.
1. Showing the employees that their feedback matters and acting on them. This will eventually lead to open and honest conversations between the employees and the leaders and using the right engagement solution is key to empowering all the team members and increasing trust.
2. Employees who are already recognized for exponential work, feel more empowered to do their best and recognition has been directly linked with higher empowerment.
3. To provide opportunities for professional growth and necessary support. All companies must invest in learning and development and should urge their employees to share their knowledge and take responsibility.
4. Making empowerment of the organization’s culture and vision.
1. Empowering employees through greater autonomy has a direct link with increased employee motivation.
2. Leaders who empower their employees are most likely to be trusted by their subordinates.
3. At the end of the day, companies that promote employee empowerment are performing much better than those companies that don’t.