What - if my Provident Fund has not been deposited?


Step 1.

Check whether you have any documented proof of PF deduction by your employer like salary slips or email communication.

Step -2:( If –Yes)

Log in to the pf portal using your log-in credentials. Check whether the regular transaction of pf submission is reflected in your passbook or not?

Step-3. (If – not )

Contact your employer for clarity on what’s the problem. If you are not getting a satisfactory response, then you can go for a further legal course of action.

Possible Legal Actions:

1. Since your employer has committed a crime under the Indian Penal Code, you could also file a police complaint against him. You would have to provide your salary slip detailing the PF deduction to the police station under whose jurisdiction your workplace is located.


2. You can bring the case to the notice of the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) at the ERPO, detailing the offense committed by your employer. The CVO would in turn initiate proceedings against your employer.

Talk to our HR experts

Should you opt for any course of HR? Should you go for Classroom or Online HR Practical Training? Which one is the best HR training Institute? Which HR Diploma is best for you? Find out all answers.