What is Key Performance Indicator(KPI)?
KPIs, or Key Performance Indicators, are a subset/Results of KRAs. This would mean that a person’s performance would be measured based on the results shown. KPIs can be exactly measured. Following up on the previous example, a content writer’s KPI would be when a particular feature or article about their company ranks in the top 3 search results.
If you offer coworking spaces, your KPI would be your space showing up in the top 3 results for something like “coworking spaces in Mumbai”.
How to write KPIs?
While writing a KPIs, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. KPIs are the results of KRAs. You can get a definitive and measurable KPI after you draft KRA properly.
2. Assume you have a KRA to generate $1 million in revenue per year.
3. To accomplish this, your KPI may be to generate money 60 percent from new business, 30 percent from renewals, and 10% from other sources.
4. After establishing an objective, your KPI will be smaller goals that contribute to the fulfillment of the larger goal. As a result, your KPI is determined by your KRA.
1. KPIs enable managers and organizations to track and manage their targets and goals.
2. Keeping the right people helps the company to deal with business KPI performance.
3. Intuitive records of performance versus the organization's goal.
4. KPIs make measures such as who is performing better and who is not performing at all will be accessible to everyone.
5. When an employee realizes he is being evaluated, his conduct immediately improves in the direction of Performance.
6. This enhances decision-making abilities that are only dependent on data obtained from KPI.
7. Provides a comprehensive picture of the organization's progress toward its objectives.