By the word Culture, we mean the amalgamation of knowledge inherited to us from our ancestors or we can say from the environment we grew up. Culture varies from person to person but the ultimate motive is to be in discipline, maintain those rules and regulations to survive in a society. Culture is that system that is shared by a large number of people in the form of knowledge or in the form of a set of rules to lead life happily.
It is rightly said that that is education starts at home, and it’s so true. The way we behave with people throughout our life, not only behavior but also our positive attitude towards life begins from our home. Home and family is a place where we get the maximum of the values and teachings which we called Culture in one word. It has an effect on us till we die.
Our school life, college life in each and every phase it helps us to grow with all positivity and with respect.
In the same way when we reach to our professional life and join any organization there also this Culture matters a lot and it actually decides the future of the company to exist in the run. The company culture can be defined as the set of values, the goals attitude of the owner and maintaining discipline in the organization with utmost honesty and in a strict manner. Mentioning the word strictly, because the culture of the company influences the whole organization from top to bottom. A company is a place where an employee spends almost 9-10 hours of his or her daily life so that actually effects his professional life as well.
The importance of the company’s culture has been felt in almost all the major spheres of an organization starting from recruitment to retention of good employees in the company as well as the performance of the employees.
Why this Company Culture has been given so much importance lets see:-
- The maximum number of job seekers always investigates company culture before going for any sort of company for earning their livelihood. It’s their right to check the culture because they will be spending almost a day for a long period of time.
- Human Resource Department plays an important role in this genre because the HR of the company is someone who actually maintains the discipline in a strong way after the boss. HR rectifies HR policies accordingly to cope up with every situation.
- Company culture helps an employee to grow and get satisfaction in his or her job which eventually makes them happy.
- Company culture does not always mean to be strict and full of rules and regulations. If a company provides some kind of other benefits to the employees like mediclaim or a short trip that’s enough to retain the employees.
- Company Culture is also important for the mental health of the employee. Because working in a company doesn’t mean only salary and leaves. It is far beyond all this because the environment you are in is also determining your behavior towards other people of your life.
- Suppose for instance there is two company, Company A and Company B, now company A has 50 employees and they are just working but a hell lot of complaints are there. They cannot enjoy their family life because they are almost always bound up with loads of work. Only one thing is given that is Salary. Now Company B has only 15 employees. They do work, they have a good rapport with everyone around. They are satisfied not only with job roles but also with the company. Salary also gives over here. Now where is the difference, the difference is in the company culture, their way of treating the employee is different. In company B the employees don’t have to work after office time overs. They spend their leisure time with family. Company B knows how to treat the employees with fun leisure time and yes with goodies to during any employee engagement sessions. Here Company A fails.
So from the above discussion, it can be easily stated that company culture plays an important role to survive because workers tend to enjoy have fun while working or serving their organization. No one can work in pressure or in the ill cultured company, it’s suffocative.